Most types of insurance cover physical therapy that is medically necessary and performed by a professional licensed physical therapist. If you want to be sure of any specific out of pocket cost that you will have to pay, you need to contact your insurance company to inquire about your specific plan.
If you are unsure of how to best deal with your insurance company our knowledgeable staff is more than happy to help you! If you have any questions about insuranc or billing, please just ask! We are here to help.
Understanding an EOB
An EOB (explanation of benefits) is a document produced by your insurance company that helps you to understand the price of your medical services and care. These are some of the vertical columns you should expect to see on your EOB and what they mean:
- Service Description:This tells which health care services you received, such as a consultation, a laser treatment or a therapy session.
- Provider Charges: This is the cost that your medical service provider billed for your visit.
- Allowed Charges: The amount your provider is allowed to be reimbursed, per an agreement between the insurance and the provider (this can be a different amount, either higher or lower than the Provider Charges).
- Paid By Insurer: This amount is what your insurance plan pays to your medical service provider.
- What You Owe: This is the amount you owe after insurance. However, there may still need to be adjustments made to this number, so wait for the bill to arrive from your medical service provider before you arrange to make a payment.
- Remark Code: This will nota anything that needs to be explained by your insurance provider.
If you receive an EOB and you aren’t sure what the numbers mean or you think they might not be correct, just give us a call. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will be more than happy to help you with your EOB or other insurance and billing questions. Remember, we are here to help!
Insurance Plans We Accept
We gladly accept the insurance plans listed below. If your plan is not listed, please call us at 385-498-3757 as we are always adding new insurance plans. As a courtesy to our patients, we will verify your health benefits prior to your arrival to determine if there will be a copay, deductible, or coinsurance for therapy services. For those patients who do not have health insurance or those who have maxed out their benefits, we offer a private pay plan. Please contact RX Rehab Physical Therapy today for more information on our fees for service and payment details. Here is our current list of insurances:
- AARP medicare complete
- Align Networks
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Utah
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Utah (FocalPoint)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Utah (Real Value Network)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Utah (Individual and Family Network)
- NexusACO NR
- NexusACO R
- Prime Health Services
- Railroad Medicare
- TRICARE West Region
- UnitedHealthcare – Charter
- UnitedHealthcare – Compass
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions
- UnitedHealthcare – Navigate
- UnitedHealthcare Optum Medical Network
- University of Utah
- University of Utah (Healthy Premier- Individual & Group)
- University of Utah (Healthy Preferred)
- Universal SmartComp